Search
Close this search box.

Day: December 15, 2025

SMC Debunks Talks on Bulacan Airport’s Viability

San miguel corp.: San Miguel Corp. (SMC) is debunking talks apparently questioning the viability of the New Manila International Airport (NMIA) project in Bulacan. According to Philippines News Agency, SMC has addressed online posts casting doubt on the project’s viability, adding that these do not reflect actual progress on the ground. “Some claims circulating online are inaccurate and misleading. These can create unnecessary confusion for the public and concern among stakeholders,” SMC stated. The conglomerate emphasized that those with questions about the project could raise them through proper channels, where they can be discussed transparently and with access to verified

Palace Considers UNCAC to Apprehend Fugitive Ex-Lawmaker

Manila: Malaca±ang on Monday said it is open to exploring the use of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) to help locate and arrest fugitive former Ako Bicol Party-list Rep. Elizaldy Co, in addition to the ongoing Interpol coordination. Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said the Department of Foreign Affairs, Department of Justice (DOJ), and Department of the Interior and Local Government have been consulted on the proposal raised by Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo Lacson. According to Philippines News Agency, Foreign Affairs Secretary Lazaro stated, “Yes, we can explore UNCAC as it has international cooperation mechanisms, but it

Bicam Hearing Hits Deadlock Over DPWH Request, But Still on Track

Manila: The bicameral conference committee on the proposed 2026 General Appropriations Act (GAA) is facing a deadlock following the Department of Public Works and Highways’ (DPWH) request to restore around PHP45 billion in budget cuts, but lawmakers said deliberations remain on track. According to Philippines News Agency, Senate Committee on Finance chairperson Sherwin Gatchalian stated that the Senate contingent decided to defer the third bicameral meeting scheduled for 4 p.m. to allow further discussions with the House of Representatives and the DPWH on the request. Gatchalian acknowledged the impasse but emphasized that efforts are underway to move negotiations forward. He

DSWD Distributes Emergency Cash Aid to Over 21,000 Families in Cebu

Cebu: In a series of payouts from December 11 to 13, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) distributed emergency cash transfer (ECT) assistance to 20,788 families affected by Typhoon Tino across various towns in Cebu province. According to Philippines News Agency, Assistant Secretary Irene Dumlao of the DSWD’s Disaster Response Management Group emphasized the department’s commitment to ensuring that assistance reaches those impacted by the typhoon, particularly families whose homes suffered damage. “We are ensuring that assistance continues to reach families affected by recent disasters that hit Cebu. Last week, a series of ECT pay-outs were conducted to

Provincial Board Approves P38-Million Incentive for Antique Volunteer Workers

Antique: The Antique provincial board has sanctioned PHP38 million to fund incentives for over 3,000 volunteer workers, with the distribution set for the upcoming Yuletide season. According to Philippines News Agency, the incentive package will benefit 3,282 individuals, including child development workers (CDWs), barangay service point officers (BSPOs), barangay nutrition scholars (BNS), and barangay health workers (BHWs). Board member Karmila Rose Dimamay, who chairs the Committee on Appropriations, announced the approval during their Monday session. Dimamay noted that each CDW will receive PHP10,000, while the other volunteer workers will be awarded PHP12,000 each. She explained that the incentive amounts were

Recent Posts