Search
Close this search box.

Day: December 4, 2025

PBBM Commends PH-Oman Efforts in Rescue of 9 Filipino Seafarers from Yemen

Manila: President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Thursday announced that the nine Filipino seafarers who had been held by Houthi forces in Yemen are returning to the Philippines, commending the close cooperation between the Philippines and Oman that led to their release. According to Philippines News Agency, the Filipino survivors arrived in Oman on Wednesday and were received by officials from the Philippine Embassy in Muscat and the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW). After a brief processing of documents, they were cleared to return home immediately. ‘Magandang araw po sa inyong lahat. Meron po akong ihahatid na magandang balita. ‘Yung

Ilocos Norte Town Celebrates Farmers with Siwawer Festival and Fair

Vintar: A two-day agro-trade fair showcasing the freshest organic produce of farmers, as well as other food products and genuine crafts, marked this municipality’s celebration of Siwawer Farmers’ Festival, which culminated on Thursday. According to Philippines News Agency, a total of 39 booths representing the different barangays and development partners of Vintar participated in the event, which showcased local products that told a story of hard work, community and pride. In-season fruits and vegetables, as well as wild honey, exotic freshwater prawns, and assorted fishes, were among the most sought-after products at the fair. “This initiative strongly encourages the public

Dizon Asserts ICI’s Ongoing Operations Despite Singson’s Departure

Manila: Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon refuted claims Thursday that the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) is ‘inoperative,’ asserting it continues to file corruption cases despite a commissioner’s resignation. Dizon rejected a statement by House Senior Deputy Minority Leader Edgar Erice, who claimed the ICI was “dead” after Commissioner Rogelio Singson’s resignation. According to Philippines News Agency, Dizon said, “I don’t agree with it. We continue our job and, as you can see, the filing of cases also continues,” during an inspection of the Bucana Bridge project. He noted both ICI and the Department of Public Works have filed complaints

Gilas Pilipinas Finalizes Team for SEA Games After Complex Selection Process

Manila: The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) described the process of forming the Gilas Pilipinas final men’s 5×5 basketball team for the Southeast Asian Games as “tedious.” According to Philippines News Agency, Gilas had initially set a 12-man lineup for the SEA Games in September. However, a complication arose when Thailand’s eligibility rule created confusion, necessitating significant changes to the team roster. The situation was further complicated as Abra, featuring key players Geo Chiu, Jason Brickman, and Dave Ildefonso, advanced to the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) National Finals, which coincided with the SEA Games schedule starting December 13. In

Violent Extremism Prevention Program Launched in Basilan: Governor Leads Initiative for Sustainable Peace and Development

Basilan: Basilan Governor Mujiv Hataman led the launch of the Prevention Against Violent Extremism (PAVE) 2.0 Kaelluman (Livelihood) Program in this city, marking an important step in the area’s commitment to sustainable peace and development. More than 400 people attended the program launch, including former violent extremists (FVEs), security officials, religious leaders, and local government officials. According to Philippines News Agency, the program, anchored on the theme ‘Itaguyod ang Masaganang Buhay,’ aims to strengthen community resilience and prevent violent extremism through economic empowerment and community engagement. The activity also included the signing of a pledge of commitment from various agencies,

Recent Posts