Search
Close this search box.

Day: November 27, 2025

DOTr to Ban E-Bikes and E-Trikes from Major Roads Starting December

Manila: Electric bicycles (e-bikes) and electric tricycles (e-trikes) will be prohibited from operating on major roads starting December, as announced by transportation officials. Budget sponsor Sen. JV Ejercito revealed that the Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief, Assistant Secretary Markus Lacanilao, is committed to beginning the apprehension of e-trikes on public roads by December. According to Philippines News Agency, Sen. Raffy Tulfo supported this initiative, highlighting the challenges faced by traditional tricycle drivers who adhere to franchise, registration, licensing, insurance, and membership requirements. Tulfo pointed out that while e-bike and e-trike operators do not undergo the same processes, they still share

Perpetual Secures Semifinal Spot in NCAA Men’s Basketball

Manila: University of Perpetual Help triumphed over Jose Rizal University, 81-74, on Thursday, securing their place in the semifinal round of the NCAA Season 101 men’s basketball tournament at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. Mark Derick Gojo Cruz was instrumental in the victory, contributing 23 points, two rebounds, and two assists for the Altas. With this win, Perpetual topped Group A with a 9-4 record, earning a twice-to-beat advantage in the semifinals. According to Philippines News Agency, Patrick Sleat supported the team effort with 14 points, 10 assists, and six rebounds. Shawn Michael Rey Orgo added 10 points, while

Davao Oro Town Boosts Disaster Readiness with New Communication Plan

Davao de oro: The municipal government of Mawab in Davao de Oro is intensifying its disaster preparedness measures to ensure faster and more coordinated emergency response. During an interview on Thursday, Mayor Myrill Apit said she has instructed the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (MDRRMO) to complete a detailed Risk Communication Plan to improve information sharing before, during, and after disasters. According to Philippines News Agency, this initiative is a crucial step in protecting both lives and property during potential disaster events, Apit said, citing the need to expand early warning systems and rescue operations to the municipality’s

PNP Launches Aggressive Manhunt for Digos City Barangay Captain’s Killer

Digos city: Philippine National Police acting chief Lt. Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. has initiated an aggressive manhunt to apprehend the suspects involved in the killing of Barangay Tres de Mayo Captain Oscar ‘Dodong’ Bucol Jr. The barangay captain was murdered in Digos City, Davao del Sur, while live streaming on Facebook. According to Philippines News Agency, investigators have identified several persons of interest, drawing from statements and names previously mentioned by Bucol in his social media posts. Nartatez has instructed police units in Davao del Sur and surrounding provinces to mobilize tracker teams and conduct follow-up operations in collaboration

PhilSA Issues Warning on Potential Debris from South Korean Rocket Launch

Manila: The Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) has issued a cautionary notice to the public regarding the potential dangers posed by debris from a recent rocket launch conducted by South Korea. According to Philippines News Agency, the rocket, known as Nuri or the Korea Space Launch Vehicle-IV (KSLV-IV), was launched from the Naro Space Center located in Goheung, South Jeolla at approximately 12:13 a.m. Philippine Standard Time. PhilSA highlighted that debris from the launch may have fallen within several identified drop zones, which include areas approximately 390 nautical miles from Santa Ana, Cagayan, 394 nautical miles from Babuyan Island, 218 nautical

Recent Posts