MANILA An official of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) expressed on Friday the Philippine government's "utmost concern" over the case of a Filipina household worker raped in Kuwait last week.
Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Migrant Workers' Affairs Sarah Lou Arriola met with Kuwaiti Ambassador to the Philippines Musaed Saleh Ahmad Althwaikh, who assured the official that an all-points bulletin has been issued to police and immigration posts in Kuwait and other Gulf Cooperation Council member states.
Althwaikh said the suspect has been charged with rape under Article 186 of Kuwait Penal Law No. 16/1960, which states that "Anyone having sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent, through the use of force, threats or deception, shall be liable to the death penalty or life imprisonment."
Althwaikh also noted that the Kuwaiti government is "exerting all efforts for the speedy arrest of the suspect."
In the DFA's latest bulletin, Assistant Secretary Emmanuel Fernandez said the victim has already started working for her employer together with three other Filipina household service workers, including a family member.
"The embassy will continue to provide legal and other necessary assistance to her," he said.
The suspect was identified as Fayed Naser Hamad Alajmy, 22, a Kuwaiti police officer, who assisted the finger scanning registration of the Filipina at the airport upon her arrival on June 4. (PNA)
Source: Philippines News Agency