Palace congratulates Duque for getting CA nod

MANILA Malacanang on Wednesday congratulated Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Francisco Duque III for getting the confirmation of the Commission on Appointments (CA).

Congratulations to Sec. Duque. His fast confirmation was just a proof that he deserves to become secretary of the DOH, Presidential Secretary Harry Roque said in an interview with Palace reporters.

Roque expressed optimism that Duque would be able to deliver better health programs and services as the DOH once again aims to regain the trust of our people through integrity, professionalism and good governance.

Malacanang is confident that with Sec. Duque at the helm of the DOH, all our problems particularly the Dengvaxia will be given right solution, he said.

Duque, a physician, previously served as DOH secretary under the administration of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

He replaced Paulyn Ubial whose ad interim appointment was rejected by CA on October 10 last year.

Duque also served as president and CEO of the government-owned Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) from 2001 to 2005. (PNA)

Source: Philippine News Agency

Related posts