No violent incident so far for 2nd BOL polls: AFP

MANILA No violent incident has so far been reported in the second Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL) plebiscite on Wednesday, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) said.

"As of 8 a.m., polls opened in Aleosan, Pikit, Didsayap, Pigcawayan, Tulunan, Carmen, Kabacan. As of now, no negative incident reported," AFP public affairs office chief Col. Noel Detoyato said in a text message.

Earlier, Detoyato said the military would take "extra precautionary measures" to secure the second BOL plebiscite following the bombing incident in Jolo, Sulu.

The plebiscite is ongoing in the province of Lanao del Norte, except Iligan City; the municipalities of Aleosan, Carmen, Kabacan, Midsayap, Pikit, and Pigcawayan in the province of North Cotabato; and the 28 barangays to be included in the region.

The military has deployed some 10,000 plus troops and support units to help secure the plebiscite.

A day before the plebiscite on Tuesday, explosions rocked three Lanao del Norte towns. At past 4 p.m., an explosion occurred in Barangay Maranding, the business center of Lala town.

Another blast occurred in Kauswagan town, minutes after. Lala is 60 km. away from Kauswagan while Sultan Naga Dimaporo is about 20 km. from Lala.

Another explosion occurred at the premises of the MSU Municipal High School in Sultan Naga Dimaporo town in Lanao del Norte at about 10 p.m. on the same day.

Meanwhile, Detoyato said the AFP has yet to monitor incidents of vote-buying in the ongoing second plebiscite for the BOL.

"There is still no report of violence and any incident of vote-buying in the areas where the BOL polls are being held," Detoyato said in Filipino.

"And the area where the BOL polls are being held are just small barangays (villages) where residents know one another (making it difficult to buy ballots)," he said. (With reports from Darwin C. Pesco, OJT/PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts