Indian president condoles with Mindanao quake victims

MANILA Indian President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday offered sympathy and condolences to the victims of the deadly earthquake that struck parts of Mindanao.

"I convey my deepest condolences on the loss of life caused by the earthquake in Mindanao," Kovind, who is in Manila for a five-day state visit, said during his bilateral meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte at MalacaAan Palace.

The Indian leader also wished for the speedy recovery of quake victims.

"I hope the affected people are able to begin their normal lives soon," he said.

At least five people were confirmed dead, while 89 others were injured after a magnitude 6.3 earthquake hit North Cotabato and nearby provinces in Mindanao on Wednesday evening, according to the latest information from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).

The NDRRMC said a total of 1,653 families or 8,625 individuals had been affected by the earthquake.

The powerful quake destroyed a total of 846 infrastructures in the Davao and Soccsksargen regions, as well as the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.

Duterte has directed all concerned government agencies to provide immediate assistance to the victims of the strong quake. (PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts

Indian president condoles with Mindanao quake victims

MANILA Indian President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday offered sympathy and condolences to the victims of the deadly earthquake that struck parts of Mindanao.

"I convey my deepest condolences on the loss of life caused by the earthquake in Mindanao," Kovind, who is in Manila for a five-day state visit, said during his bilateral meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte at MalacaAan Palace.

The Indian leader also wished for the speedy recovery of quake victims.

"I hope the affected people are able to begin their normal lives soon," he said.

At least five people were confirmed dead, while 89 others were injured after a magnitude 6.3 earthquake hit North Cotabato and nearby provinces in Mindanao on Wednesday evening, according to the latest information from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).

The NDRRMC said a total of 1,653 families or 8,625 individuals had been affected by the earthquake.

The powerful quake destroyed a total of 846 infrastructures in the Davao and Soccsksargen regions, as well as the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.

Duterte has directed all concerned government agencies to provide immediate assistance to the victims of the strong quake. (PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts