Help set for workers affected by Department Order No. 174

MANILA, March 30 -- Workers who will be affected by the labor department's order totally banning labor-only contracting and all forms of illegal contractualization practices will be provided the necessary assistance by the government.

Labor Undersecretary Dominador Say said the government has allocated for this year a budget for the provision of temporary assistance for workers who will be displaced as a result of the implementation of Department Order 174.

We will be ready para tumulong ng at least three months para sa mga maaapektuhan na mga empleyado, said Say.

He said the government's main intervention is to provide training for workers to retool and upgrade their skills, thus enhance their employability to other industries.

Tutulungan namin silang ma-retool at ma-train ng ibang skills kung saan mayroong demand, he said.

Those who will undergo training, he said, will be provided with allowance in the entire duration of the training, which will run for three months.

We understand na may pangangailangan ang kanilang mga pamilya. Kaya we are prepared to spend at least three months para sa kanilang allowance habang nasa training sila, he added.

The labor department last week issued D.O. 174, or the Rules Implementing Articles 106 to 109 of the Labor Code. The new order replaced D.O. 18-A which was being circumvented to allow labor-only contracting and blamed for the proliferation of endo practices and other illegal forms of contractualization. (DOLE)

Source: Philippines Information Agency

Related posts