DSWD provides cash aid to indigent HS students

MANILA The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is now catering to indigent high school students, providing them with educational assistance of PHP1,500 each, Acting Secretary Virginia Orogo said Monday.

Tapos na kaming magbigay ng educational assistance sa indigent elementary students last week in the amount of PHP1,000 each.Ngayon naman, nagpo-provide kami ng same assistance sa indigent high school students in the amount of PHP1,500 (We are finished with providing educational assistance to indigent elementary students last week in the amount of PHP1,000 each. We are now providing indigent high school students the same assistance in the amount of PHP1,500)," Orogo said in an ambush interview after the launch of the agency's eServices at the DSWD- National Capital Region office in Sampaloc, Manila.

By next week, we will provide the indigent college students with educational assistance in the amount of PHP3,000 each, Orogo added.

From June 25, 2018 to July 5, 2018, under its Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS), the DSWD has already served 9,951 clients applying for educational assistance with a total amount of PHP14,890,252.

However, the DSWD is temporarily suspending the processing of educational assistance under the AICS at the Central Office in Barangay Batasan, Quezon City.

This was to give way for the DSWD staff to sort out and validate with schools the 5,500 school registration/enrollment forms submitted by those who sought educational assistance.

This will also ensure that the assistance is given to indigent students who will be notified through the DSWD Official Text Messaging System for their schedule for assessment and releasing of assistance.

On the other hand, other programs under AICS, which include the provision of medical, burial and transportation assistance, shall continue.

To be able to avail of the education assistance, the claimant must comply with the following requirements: enrollment assessment form/certificate of enrolment or registration; school ID of the student; and Barangay certificate of residency/indigency. (PNA)

Source: Philippine News Agency

Related posts