MANILA The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) on Monday said the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) job and business fairs across the country in line with the country's celebration of its 120th Independence Day on Tuesday will push through despite rainy weather.
They will push through, unless a strong typhoon will come and flooding will set in, DOLE Undersecretary Jacinto Paras said in an interview.
Paras, however, said they are hoping for a fine weather during the occasion.
We're praying that the rain won't come because the purpose of this job fair is to help our countrymen find jobs, he noted.
Since last week, typhoon Maliksi (formerly 'Domeng') enhanced the southwest monsoon which brought rains over many parts of Luzon including Metro Manila.
The job fairs will be held in 21 sites nationwide including the one at Senior Citizen's Garden, in Rizal Park, Manila.
On the other hand, some 125,000 job vacancies in local and overseas from private and public sectors will be available to applicants, as part of the government's celebration of the 120th anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence.
Employers numbering to 621, composed of 501 local and 120 overseas, are expected to participate in the event where they will be offering 63,426 local and 53,636 overseas jobs, respectively.
A total of 7,770 job vacancies will be available in the following government agencies, the Philippine National Police, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine Navy, and Bureau of Jail Management and Penology.
Other venues for the TNK jobs fairs are:
* Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) Porta Vaga Mall Veranda, Baguio City
* Region 1 Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Pacoy Ortega Gymnasium, San Fernando City, La Union
* Region 2 Tuguegarao People's Gym, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
* Region 3 Metro Town Mall, Tarlac City
* Region 4-A Freedom Park, Kaingen, Kawit, Cavite; Sunstar Mall, Sta. Cruz, Laguna
* Region 4-B Marinduque Convention Center, Boac, Marinduque
* Region 5 Ayala Mall, Legazpi City, Albay
* Region 6 888 China Town Square, Bacolod City
* Region 7 Negros Oriental Convention Center; Cebu City Sports Complex
* Region 8 Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City, Samar (June 15)
* Region 9 KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City; Zamboanga del Norte Cultural Convention and Sports Center, Gen. Luna St., Dipolog City
* Region 10 Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technolgy Gymnasium, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte
* Region 11 Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym), Talomo, Davao City
* Region 12 KCC Mall Convention Center, General Santos City
* Region 13 Provincial Capitol Training Center, Provincial Capitol Bldg., Butuan City (June 15)
Holiday pay rules
Meanwhile, the DOLE has issued pay rules for employers on Tuesday, June 12, Independence Day, a regular holiday.
According to Labor Advisory No. 09-2018, workers who will report to work on a regular holiday, shall be paid 200 percent of his/her regular salary for that day for the first eight hours.
For work done in excess of eight hours (overtime work) today, he/she shall be paid an additional 30 percent of his/her hourly rate on said day.
The DOLE added that as for those who will work during a regular holiday that also falls on a rest day, workers shall be paid 230 percent of his/her regular salary for that day for the first eight hours.
For work done in excess of eight hours (overtime work) during a regular holiday that also falls on his/her rest day, he/she shall be paid an additional 30 percent of his/her hourly rate on said day.
On the other hand, the Department said if the employee does not go to work, he/she must still be paid 100 percent of his/her daily salary. (PNA)
Source: Philippine News Agency