Close to 60K families affected due to Mindanao quakes: NDRRMC

MANILA The number of families affected by the magnitude 6.6 and 6.5 earthquakes that hit Mindanao last October 29 and 31 has climbed to 50,930, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Thursday.

In its 6 a.m. update signed and released by Executive Director Ricardo Jalad, the agency said this is equivalent to 254,473 persons in Davao and Soccsksargen regions.

Around 8,265 families or 39,128 individuals are being sheltered in 47 evacuation centers while 8,789 families or around 43,945 individuals are being aided outside.

The number of fatalities stands at 21, with wounded at 417 and two other missing in Northern Mindanao, Davao Region and Soccsksargen and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).

Meanwhile, the number of damaged infrastructures was placed at 36,006 in Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao, Davao Region Soccsksargen and the BARMM.

As of this posting, the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Health, Office of Civil Defense has so far provided PHP44,088,375 worth of assistance to the affected families. (PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts