The number of patients who recovered from coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the province climbed to 1,830 with the addition of 40 new recoveries, based on the latest report of the Provincial Health Office (PHO) here.
Governor Albert Garcia said on Saturday the new recoveries came from Mariveles and Limay with 16 each, four from Orion, and one each from Orani, Hermosa, Dinalupihan, and Balanga City.
However, Garcia said three more died of the disease in the province with the number of fatalities rising to 41.
The new deaths are three males — a 66-year-old from Limay, a 65-year-old from Mariveles, and a 45-year-old from Orion.
He said the number of confirmed cases reached 2,344 after 23 were tested positive for the virus.
The new cases came from Mariveles with 15, five from the city, and one each from Orion, Orani, and Limay.
The governor said included in the new cases are three health workers, one from Mariveles and two from the city.
Of the confirmed Covid-19 cases, 473 are active or patients isolated and not yet cured of the virus.
The governor said Covid-19 cases in the province decreased by almost 50 percent compared to last week.
But he asked his constituents not to be complacent and continue on strictly following safety protocols. (PNA)
Source: Philippines News Agency