23 cops summoned in DOJ probe of Chong aide’s death

MANILA Almost two dozen law enforcers have been ordered by prosecutors to answer the murder raps in connection with the death of Richard Red Santillan, the aide of former Biliran Representative Glenn Chong.

Subpoenas have been issued to the respondents, Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Alexander Suarez said for the first preliminary investigation hearing on Thursday.

Those who failed to file counter-affidavits will be given another chance, he said.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) filed before the Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal complaints concerning the killing of Santillan and his female companion, Gessamyn Casing December last year in Barangay San Andres in Cainta, Rizal.

Named among the 23 respondents are those charged for obstruction of justice namely Calabarzon police regional director Brig. Gen. Edward Carranza; Rizal provincial director Col. Lou Evangelista; and Cainta police chief Lt. Col. Pablito Naganag.

Two counts of murder and one count of planting of evidence were filed against seven officers from Cainta police station led by Lt. Sandro Ortega, four officers from provincial office of the Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group led by Capt. John Russel Barnacha and 10 operatives of Regional Special Operations Unit led by M/Sgt. Rene Eufracio.

The NBI concluded that the incident was a rubout and not a shootout as claimed by the police officers. (PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts

23 cops summoned in DOJ probe of Chong aide’s death

MANILA Almost two dozen law enforcers have been ordered by prosecutors to answer the murder raps in connection with the death of Richard Red Santillan, the aide of former Biliran Representative Glenn Chong.

Subpoenas have been issued to the respondents, Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Alexander Suarez said for the first preliminary investigation hearing on Thursday.

Those who failed to file counter-affidavits will be given another chance, he said.

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) filed before the Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal complaints concerning the killing of Santillan and his female companion, Gessamyn Casing December last year in Barangay San Andres in Cainta, Rizal.

Named among the 23 respondents are those charged for obstruction of justice namely Calabarzon police regional director Brig. Gen. Edward Carranza; Rizal provincial director Col. Lou Evangelista; and Cainta police chief Lt. Col. Pablito Naganag.

Two counts of murder and one count of planting of evidence were filed against seven officers from Cainta police station led by Lt. Sandro Ortega, four officers from provincial office of the Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group led by Capt. John Russel Barnacha and 10 operatives of Regional Special Operations Unit led by M/Sgt. Rene Eufracio.

The NBI concluded that the incident was a rubout and not a shootout as claimed by the police officers. (PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts