NegOcc guv returns to work while in isolation

Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson, who has tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) over the weekend, has returned to work on Tuesday while still under home isolation.

Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz II said Lacson informed him that he is “already fit to render and discharge the functions of his office”.

“He confirmed this morning. He will be just under a work-from-home (WFH) arrangement. I will be sending important documents for his signature to his residence,” Diaz told reporters.

After Lacson confirmed that he contracted the virus on January 22, he designated Vice Governor Jeffrey Ferrer as acting governor, and the latter issued a memorandum order on January 23 for the disinfection and limited operations at the Capitol this week.

Diaz said the governor is “still trying to regain his full strength”, but his voice already sounds fine.

Last January 21, Lacson went on a three-day health break upon the doctor’s advice after he experienced a sore throat, following his visit to the southern part of the province. When he tested positive for Covid-19, this was extended to 10 days.

Diaz said the governor’s two security aides also got infected.

The two, along with another employee from the Public Affairs Office, were added to the list of 21 Capitol employees who were confirmed positive last week.

“We’re still monitoring some employees whose spouses, who work in hospitals have tested positive. We will test them five days after their close contacts became positive,” Diaz said.

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts