MECQ helps reduce Zambo City Covid-19 cases

The downtrend of active cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) here has been attributed to the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) as well as the strict health protocols.

MECQ is the second strictest measure aimed at curbing Covid-19 cases through controlled movement.

Dr. Dulce Amor Miravite, city health officer, said active cases are at 847 as of Friday, down from the previous day’s 893.

“It is very important that we strictly follow our health protocols,” Miravite said in a statement on Saturday.

She also cited the activation of the Barangay Sita Task Force that strictly implemented protocols in villages.

Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar last month issued Executive Order No. 653-2021 mandating the creation of the task force in 98 villages.

Miravite said that 96 percent or 817 of the 847 active cases were acquired through community transmission.

The rest of the infections were from detainees, 11; authorized persons outside residence, 9; locally stranded individuals, 4; person deprived of liberty, 3; Bureau of Jail Management and Penology staff, 2; and, returning residents from Malaysia, 1.

Overall, the city has 10,842 confirmed cases with 9,537 recoveries and 458 deaths as of June 11.

The recovery rate is at 88 percent.

Source: Philippines News Agency

Related posts