ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES welcomes indictment of 9 cops in Jolo shooting

The Armed Forces of the Philippines welcomed the indictment of nine policemen involved in the shooting of four Army intelligence operatives in Jolo, Sulu in June last year.

“For us that is another welcome development sapagkat hinahangad po ng Armed Forces of the Philippines na hindi lamang kasong administratibo ang mai-file at madesisyunan ng dismissal (as the ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES is not only looking for the resolution of administrative cases that can only be meted out with dismissal from the service),” ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES spokesperson Marine Maj. Gen. Edgard Arevalo said when asked to comment on the issue during an online briefing Monday.

He added that the ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES is pushing for the filing of appropriate criminal charges against the nine Jolo police officers involved in the shooting on behalf of the grieving families of the four soldiers, colleagues, and other members of the military.

Arevalo also said the ARMED FORCES OF THE PHILIPPINES is looking for a fair and speedy trial and appropriate sanctions against those involved in the incident.

On Monday, a panel of prosecutors of the Department of Justice (DOJ) found probable cause to indict the nine police officers — Senior M/Sgt. Abdelzhimar Padjiri; M/Sgt. Hanie Baddiri; S/Sgt. Iskandar Susulan; S/Sgt. Ernisar Sappal; Cpl. Sulki Andaki; Pat. Moh Nur Pasani; S/Sgt. Almudzrin Hadjaruddin; Pat. Alkajal Mandangan; and Pat. Rajiv Putalan for four counts of murder and planting of evidence.

The panel also did not recommend bail for the accused.

Philippine National Police chief Gen. Debold Sinas has earlier approved the dismissal from service of the nine police officers.

Killed in the June 29, 2020 incident were Maj. Marvin A. Indammog, 39; Capt. Irwin B. Managuelod, 33; Sgt. Jaime M. Velasco, 38, and Cpl. Abdal Asula, 33.

Source: Philippines News agency

Related posts